OpenDNS Fritzbox Howto
While I did some research on how getting this to work I saw many people trying this without success. Here is the definitive guide on how you use OpenDNS with your Fritzbox:
- Make sure your firmware is up-to-date
- Enable telnet
- Login over telnet and type "cd /var/flash/", "nvi ar7.cfg"
- Search for overwritedns1 and overwritedns2 (they appear two times each) using the "/" key and "n" (next search result).
- Press "i" to get into edit mode and enter the opendns server as noted in the opendns linux guide
- ESC brings you back to command mode. ":w" saves the file and ":q" closes the editor again.
- type "reboot" to restart the fritzbox
- Restart you networking and you browser. The OpenDNS Site now should tell you that you are using OpenDNS already. Now you can create an account, set it to dynamic DNS, add network and login to dnsomatic.
- Now login to fritz.box using your browser and enter the following dynamic DNS settings: Update URL: updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?myip=<ipaddr>
(This is the URL used by your fritzbox to send the new ip address to DNS-O-Matic)
Domain name: Nothing here.
User name: this should be your username.
Password : your password
password confirmation: you password again.